Latest Version Of DRM Takes Consumer Product Licensing To The Next Level
El Segundo, CA (November 10, 2012) – Dependable Solutions, Inc., the leading provider of brand licensing systems for licensors, agents and licensees, has announced today the release of the latest update for its flagship software, Dependable Rights Manager (DRM), which offers major improvements in high volume licensing transaction management, improved workflows, stronger contract management plus much more.
Below details enhancements and new features included in this release.
- Management of Notifications, a user can be setup to have the ability to modify other users’ notifications, including closing a notification that another user created.*
- Flexible Contact Grouping: You can manage which contact groups a specific contact belongs to from various areas in the system.
- More powerful search criteria: If the first few letters of the search item is entered, the results will display and sort by first few letters. For a more advanced search to locate the search criteria within a word or phrase, start the search with an *.
- Infringements Expansion: New fields assist in managing Infringements: Priority, Next Steps, and Date Closed.
- System Wide Themes allows you to change the color palette of the login screen for an additional system branding option.
- SKU Import Exceptions. When importing batch SKUs, for specific SKUs that need additional research or verification, you can put them on hold and not loaded to a contract until everything is resolved without tying up the entire batch loading process.
- Update Contacts within a Contract: Contact information can now be managed from the contract screen for companies related to that contract.
- New Granted Rights detail icon: A quick view icon shows selected territories, sales channels and markets including any members of groups.
- IP Drill Down: When an IP hierarchy is attached to a contract, the group members are visible by clicking the group icon.
- New financial overview: You can view up-to-the minute financial status on any contract
- Terminating a Contract: Enhanced security allows you to control who can terminate a contract.
Royalty Statements, Forecasting & Financials:
- Large Statement File Compression: Income Statements download directly to a zip file when using the Export Button.
- Incremental Processing: When processing exception errors, additional filter & search features are available for selected lines for more efficient and effective royalty management.
- Quick and Drill Down Views: Quickly view invoice/voucher and payments details and drill down to view guarantee details in the contract current period and financial overview areas.
- Bank Accounts Triggered GL Coding: Bank accounts are linked to GL accounts, which can automatically populate the GL journal when posting payments.
- Dashboards Various Currency Views: Performance graphs show in home currency across all contracts or switched to show all contracts in a different currency.
- Summary Forecast by Period: Multiple periods may be uploaded at one time for quick forecasting.
- MS Excel is now an acceptable file format for uploading forecasts by external licensees/agents.
- Forecasting Currency Conversion: When uploading a raw forecast in a foreign currency, the currency spot can convert to home currency.
- 'Show Rates and License Types on Final Submission Screen': A new option to show royalty rates and licensed types on the final product submission screen for reference.
- Mass Approval: New features allowing an experienced approver to comment, forward, print or send responses to multiple approval requests.
- Future Rights on Submissions: A new option allows licensees to remit submissions to prepare products for a future selling period, e.g. a calendar for 2014 that is not to be sold until August 2014.
- Enhanced Emails in Approvals: The email received by the submitter during product approval workflow now includes additional submission information for more efficient processing.
- Duplicate Submissions: Licensees now have the ability to create a new submission by copying a previously created one. In addition, with similar products with different brands, DRM can create a submission for each additional branded product.
- Infringement Activity: For a summary of infringement actions and any notes from the Infringement’s Activity Log.
- Pending Submission report: Licensees can view all open submissions with the licensor or agent.
- Contract Financial Report: A detailed overview of the financials for a contract, invoices/vouchers, payments, and royalties.
- Cash Receipts Proof Listing: Payment detailed listing show the related GL journals .